Exemplary women in my life!



Most times, a woman is considered less privileged than a man. While she grapples with all the challenges posed and comes out shining I wonder why a woman is still considered not even on par with a man. Let that short-sightedness wean out as we rage forward to reach our dreams, whatever it may be and however challenging it is! 

I wish to share a few things about the women who played a major role in my life in bringing about the right amount of inspiration in me. They are from different backgrounds, came into my life unexpectedly while inciting the right dose of excitement. I admired their innate quality, be it their character trait or the way they reacted to everyday issues, I loved these women whom I got the privilege to be in close connection with years ago. 

Asha Lakshmi

She was my college senior in my under graduation. Almost all of my super-senior girls at college were a fun bunch to hang out with while this girl grabbed not only my attention but most other girl's attention as well. She knew Sanskrit, Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil and Japanese as well and speaks all of it fluently. Her songs too stole a lot of hearts! Whenever there is some program happening she would be the first person to talk in the middle of the crowd. I was so moved by the way she talks without a hint of fear, not by-hearting anything to speak but clearly revealing the current situation touching up all the necessary details. I was totally amazed by her grasp of physics concepts that she used to clarify to us whenever asked which was way more clear than any other classroom teaching. Her explanation not only revealed her understanding but also her interest toward the subject quickly infected us too! I will never forget the way she carried herself and her passion is highly contagious!

Ramya

My classmate has a very humble background but we never knew this until we came to our final year in college. This soft-spoken, doe-eyed demure damsel had a lot of ambitions and showed keen interest in studies and scored exemplary marks in every semester. While most other girls in our class, including me, didn't have a particular ambition, all she loved is to have a lot of degrees to line up next to her name! 'If you don't get what you want, love what you get!' is her mantra and she did love everything that she was blessed with. She didn't thrash money for any kind of enjoyment that would entertain most other girls of that age. She would spend every penny only for a pressing need and nothing else. She adjusted to all the challenges still gave her best both in her studies and in her conduct. Like every other middle-class family, hers got her married off right when she came out of college writing the last exam in the final year. I'm damn sure that if her parents motivated her a little bit, she would have touched greater heights in her area of interest. 

Revathy

I met her in my first company and we got along so well ever since. She was an IAS aspirant and had a good grasp of current affairs. she came to the office in night shifts while in the morning she used to attend her coaching classes and study for her exams, it's a wonder if she barely takes about 5 hours of sleep every day. While she supported her other three siblings at home back in her village who are still studying, her ambitions soared very high. She wouldn't spend a penny for herself other than necessary expenses while all her earnings go to her family. While her parents started looking for a suitable groom, many rejected her going by her not-so-fair looks but they missed such a gem! She would point out to me that if not for her parents' persuasion she would prefer to stay single all her life - just to spend all her time serving for her country in every way she can! 

These are just a few of them while I can keep on talking about the impact made by other women as well! In this International Women's Day lets celebrate being a woman and accentuate that we are not just equal but the very essential, inevitable and uplifting part of human life!
Happy Women's Day!!!

Comments